One of Martin Luther King’s favorite foods was pecan pie, celebrate Martin Luther King Day on January 21st with this healthy Raw Pecan Pie Mini Tart! This yummy tart has the sticky-sweetness of pecan pie, without the nasty sugar crash expected to accompany the traditional favorite. With no bake time required, these are a breeze to make and even easier to enjoy. Make sure you make enough to share to celebrate MLKJ Day!
- 1 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3 medjool dates, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- Coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- 1 1/2 cups large medjool dates, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup pecans plus more for garnish
- In a food processor combine the ingredients for the crust. Pulse until the mixture is broken down and sticks together when pressed.
- Spoon evenly into oiled (use coconut oil) mini muffin pan and press down gently to create a thin, even crust on the bottom and sides. Place in freezer while making the filling.
- Place the soaked dates in a food processor. Add the pecans and about 1-2 tbsp fresh water and blend until smooth and gooey, scraping down the sides often.
- Spoon filling into chilled crusts and top with pecans.
- Place back in the freezer and allow to set up for at least 1 hour. Remove from the pan by running a knife around the edges and popping them out. Place them in mini muffin cup liners or on a dish and store in the refrigerator.